With only a few weeks left of 2015, it is time to ensure you close the year off well and put some thought into how you will make 2016 a success. F4L has put together a year-end checklist to help you plan and simplify your life, while also ensuring you can focus on enjoying the holiday season.
Here are F4L’s top tips to consider for your year-end checklist:
- If you are traveling by car to your holiday destination, plan to get your car serviced and given a proper safety check up before you leave.
- Decide on your budget and don’t go overboard. Remember to take into account your 2016 goals and responsibilities.
- Talk openly with your family about your holiday budget; sometimes we to spend more than we can afford on Christmas because of an unspoken expectation set by our family and friends.
- Keep moving– Keeping up your regular exercise routine can give you the fitness and stamina to make it through the demands of the festive season. It will also ensure you enter the New Year feeling and looking good!
- Clear your desk by removing the papers and other objects that you do not use regularly and get rid of what you do not need; a clean personal space encourages a healthy mind.
- Use the closest drawer for the things that must be handy, leaving out only items that must be on top of the desk. Remember to keep all unneeded items away from your keyboard and mouse.
- Storage boxes – Pack away those items you don’t need regularly. Be disciplined about this!
- Set goals – Your goals should be in sync with where you see yourself in the future. Take into account your present situation and where you are failing to improve. Then set short-term goals that will lead towards that long-term dream.
“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort”- Paul J. Meyer